Last updated on 3rd January 2022
This guide is intended to show you how to configure Veeam to use your S3 Object Storage.
OVHcloud provides services which you are responsible for with regard to their configuration and management. You are therefore responsible for ensuring they function correctly.
This guide is designed to assist you in common tasks as much as possible. If you encounter any difficulties performing these actions, please contact a specialist service provider and/or discuss the issue with our community on https://community.ovh.com/en/. OVHcloud cannot provide you with technical support in this regard.
- A bucket
- A user with the required access rights on the bucket
- Your S3 credentials (access_key and secret_access_key).
See our Getting started with S3 Object Storage guide.
Adding S3 Compatible Object Storage
Step 1 - Launch New Object Repository Wizard
To launch the New Object Repository wizard, do one of the following:
Open the Backup Infrastructure view. In the inventory pane, select the Backup Repositories node and click
Add Repositoryon the ribbon. In the Add Backup Repository dialog, select
Open the Backup Infrastructure view. In the inventory pane, right-click the Backup Repositories node and select Add Backup Repository. In the Add Backup Repository dialog, select
Step 2 - Specify Object Storage Name
At the Name step of the wizard, specify a name and description for the object storage repository:
- In the Name field, specify a name for the new object storage repository.
- In the Description field, enter an optional description. The default description contains information about the user who added the object storage repository, date and time when the object storage repository was added.
If you wish to limit the maximum number of tasks that can be processed at once, select the Limit concurrent tasks to N check box.
Step 3 - Specify Object Storage Account
At the Account step of the wizard, specify the connection settings:
- In the Service point field, specify an endpoint address of your S3 Compatible object storage:
- In the Region field, specify a region:
- From the Credentials drop-down list, select user credentials to access your S3 Compatible object storage.
If you already have a credentials record that was configured in advance, select it from the drop-down list. Otherwise, click
Add and provide your access and secret keys. You can also click the
Manage cloud accounts link to add, edit or remove a credentials record.
To use a gateway server, select the Use the following gateway server check box and choose an appropriate server from the list. You may want to use a gateway server, for example, if your organization has NAT or different types of firewalls and your access to the internet is limited.
You can select any Microsoft Windows or Linux server that is added to your backup infrastructure and has internet connection. By default, the role of a gateway server is assigned to the machine where Veeam Backup & Replication is installed.
If you choose not to use a gateway server, make sure that all scale-out repository extents have direct internet access.
Step 4 - Specify Object Storage Settings
At the Bucket step of the wizard, specify the bucket and folder that will be used to store data:
- From the Bucket drop-down list, select a bucket. Make sure that the bucket where you want to store your backup data was created in advance.
- In the Select Folder field, select a cloud folder to which you want to map your object storage repository.
To select a folder, click
Browse and either select an existing folder or create a new one by clicking
To define a soft limit that can be exceeded temporarily for your object storage consumption, select the Limit object storage consumption to check box and provide the value in TB or PB.
Step 5 - Finish working with the wizard
At the Summary step of the wizard, complete the object storage repository configuration:
- Review details of the object storage repository.
Finishto exit the wizard.
Join our community of users on https://community.ovh.com/en.
Did you find this guide useful?
Please feel free to give any suggestions in order to improve this documentation.
Whether your feedback is about images, content, or structure, please share it, so that we can improve it together.
Your support requests will not be processed via this form. To do this, please use the "Create a ticket" form.
Thank you. Your feedback has been received.