Last updated 5th May 2020
There are many programs available on Windows which are based on SSH. One of the most popular and easy to use is "PuTTy". Download it from the official website.
You will also need your FTP credentials
- FTP server.
- FTP login.
- FTP password.
You can find this information in your control panel. Go to the FTP section or follow this guide.
- After you have installed PuTTy, launch it.
- In the Host Name (or IP address) field enter your FTP server.
- In the Port field enter 22, if it has not already been returned.
- Check SSH.
- Click Open.
A command prompt will appear
- In the command prompt, enter your FTP login, then press "Enter".
- Enter your FTP password and press "Enter".
NOTE: For security reasons, you will not be able to see your password as you type it. If the password or login are incorrect, start again.
- If all is well, you will see the message "Welcome to Ovh"
To use SSH you should now refer to this guide.
Join our community of users on https://community.ovh.com/en/.
Did you find this guide useful?
Please feel free to give any suggestions in order to improve this documentation.
Whether your feedback is about images, content, or structure, please share it, so that we can improve it together.
Your support requests will not be processed via this form. To do this, please use the "Create a ticket" form.
Thank you. Your feedback has been received.