What are the major changes?
- Which products does it cover?
- Will the ordering process for these products be modified?
When placing a new order, all you will need to do is enter a new payment method to ensure that the automatic renewal feature will work properly.
- What happens with the products I already own?
In your customer control panel, you will be invited to switch over to the new renewal system.
- Which payment methods are accepted?
The following payment methods are accepted: bank card (Blue Card, Visa or Mastercard) as well as payment through PayPal and automatic debit (if the account is located in the SEPA zone, which covers 33 countries across Europe).
- Why do you offer the possibility to link several payment methods to a single customer account?
For example, you can pay for any new order with the bank card you have registered, then choose direct debit as your active payment method. This way, the invoices for the automatic renewal of your services will be honoured with no need for you to worry about the expiry date of your card.
- Can one payment method be linked to several customer accounts?
Yes, this is permitted. However, if this leniency leads to some abuse, it will be called into question.
- My credit card will expire soon; what do I do?
When the expiry date of your bank card approaches, we send an email alert in which we invite you to add a new payment method.
- What happens in the absence of any payment method?
In the absence of a valid payment method linked to your account, we cannot guarantee the renewal of your contract, hence the continuity of your services beyond their expiry date.
- I have cancelled my credit card. What can I do?
Go to your customer control panel and add a new payment method. This way, you can delete the cancelled card from the list of payment methods linked to your account.
- I’m acting on behalf of an administration. I don’t have a bank card and I cannot setup an automatic renewal process. What can I do?
You can contact our support team, who will guide you and assist you with this process.
OVH has set up a system especially designed for administrations in order to suit your needs.
Details on how the system works
- At what dates are the withdrawals made on my payment method?
The first invoice is produced on the day your service is delivered and a prorata is done in order to align the product with the first of the month (except for domain names).
There are 2 possible situations:
- Example #1: you chose the monthly renewal
Your service expires on March 15, 2017.
On March 15, you will receive an invoice corresponding to the period going from 03/15/2017 to 04/01/2017. Billing will then be done monthly and automatically on the first of every month.
- Example #2 : you chose the annual renewal
Your service expires on March 15, 2017.
On March 15, you will receive an invoice corresponding to the period going from 03/15/2017 to 04/01/2018. Annual billing will resume automatically on April 1st.
- When should I ask for the termination of a service?
You can request for a service to be cancelled through your customer control panel (Billing > My services), until the 19th day of the month when your billing cycle is expiring. Beyond this date, the termination will be registered but will only become effective at the end of the period for which your services have been automatically renewed.
- On what date does the cancellation of the service become effective?
By default, the cancellation will become effective on the last day of your billing cycle.
- I asked for my service to be terminated but now I wish to cancel that request. What can I do?
Log in to your customer control panel (Billing > My services) and follow the procedure to cancel your termination request.
- I have received an email regarding a payment incident. What can I do?
Follow the payment procedure described in the email, or login to your customer control panel. You will need to settle the payment by bank card or PayPal within 7 days from the date you receive this email. Failing that, your services will be suspended. Please contact our support for more details.
- How much time do I have to settle a payment incident?
You must pay any outstanding invoice within 7 days from the date of the payment incident. Please be aware that failing to settle the payment by the end of those 7 days will result in the suspension of your services and we will launch recovery proceedings against you. Moreover, we reserve the right to suspend all your services if you don’t settle your situation.
- Your question is not listed in the FAQ?
Contact us by email <https://www.ovh.com/fr/support/nous-contacter/>`__, or by telephone at 0033 972 10 10 07 (local call rate, Monday to Friday, from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm and Saturday from 09:00 am to 5:00 pm