Do you want to use PostgreSQL? Learn how to easily manage your databases!
To follow this tutorial you need: - A CloudDB instance - To have viewed the CloudDB guide: docs/cloud/clouddb/debuter-avec-clouddb
What is a PostgreSQL database?
PostgreSQL is an object-relational database management system (ORDBMS). It's a reliable and extensible system, which can manipulate large volumes of data. It also has a very active community.
Logging in to the database
Please note that this service does not give you access to the Host but to the databases hosted on the Host. Generic SQL commands work with no issues, and HeidiSQL or SQuirreL SQL software is fully compatible.
To log in to your database, make sure that you have:
- The address of your database instance
- Your database port
- Your database username
- Your database password
- Your database name
All this information is available in the Web Control Panel.
Connect via the command line
psql --host=server --port=port --user=user --password=password database_name
Connect from a PHP script
1. <?php 2. $myPDO = new PDO('pgsql:host=host;port=port;dbname=dbname', 'username', 'password'); 3. ?>
Connect from software (SQuirreL SQL)
- Launch SQuirreL SQL and click on
Aliases, then on
- Fill in the fields below and then confirm by clicking
- Name: Choose a name
- Driver: Choose "PostgreSQL"
- URL: Enter the server address and port in the following form jdbc:postgresql://server:port/database
- User Name: Enter the username
- Password: Enter the password
- Confirm again by clicking the button
You will now be connected to your database:
Connecting via phppgAdmin
Soon available in another guide.
Export a PostgreSQL database
Export your database via the command line
pg_dump --host=server --port=port --user=username --password=password database_name > database_name.sql
Import a PostgreSQL database
Import your database via the command line
psql --host=server --port=port --user=user --password=password database_name < database_name.sql