To transfer a .co.uk domain name or equivalent to another registrar, make sure that it meets the following conditions:
- Your domain must not have expired.
- Your domain name must not be the subject of an ongoing dispute with Nominet
- Your domain must not be blocked by OVH
Extensions in question
Step 1: Verify domain name information
You can find the information in your control panel here. You must log in as the administrative contact.
- Once you are logged in, you just have to click on your domain name at the top-left of the Domains section, then on General information.
Step 2: Change your domain TAG
- Then click on "Outgoing transfer Tag".
- Specify the TAG provided by your future registrar, then click "confirm".
If for whatever reason you cannot modify your domain's TAG in your control panel, you can ask Nominet to modify it for you.
Go to this page on the Registry's website: Manage your domain - Change registrar. Please note, you will be charged for this service.
Step 3: Pass the information on to your new domain name provider
This is all you need to do. You now have all the information you need to transfer your domain name.