Last updated 29th July, 2019
This guide will help you want to unleash the full power of Kibana and craft some beautiful Dashboards from your logs.
This is what you need to know to get you started:
- You are already sending logs on a stream you own: see the quick start tutorial
- You have ordered the Kibana on-demand Option.
After some training you will be able to do this kind of Dashboard:
Select your Stream Alias
To access your logs from Kibana, you will need to setup an Elasticsearch Alias and link them to your Graylog streams, so here we go again:
- Go back to your manager.
- In the Alias panel, click on the
Add an aliasbutton
- Choose a name and define a description for your alias
- Save the entry by clicking the
- Once the alias has been created. Use the ... menu at the right and select
Attach content to the aliasoption.
- Define there the graylog streams you want to associate to your alias
- That's it.
So here you go, now Logs Data Platform knows what is the stream you want to browse. Now let's configure Kibana and see if it works!
Access your Kibana instance
To reach your Kibana instance, click on Index tab, look for the one with "Kibana index option" in description. This is the index used by the option Kibana on-demand to store your settings.
Use the ... menu at the right and select
Access to your Kibana instance option to be redirected.
Once there, use your LDP credentials to sign in and set on the first page, for Index name, the full name of your alias logs-XXXXX-a-XXXXX. Choose timestamp for the time field name then click on Discover tab to read your log entries.
If you want to know what you can do with Kibana, you can fly to the very good Elastic documentation
- Getting Started: Quick Start
- Documentation: Guides
- Community hub: https://community.ovh.com
- Create an account: Try it free!