You can create additional volumes (or additional disks) for your Public Cloud instances. This is useful if:
- You want to increase your storage capacity without changing the instance model
- You want to have a highly available and high-performances storage space
- You want to be able to move your storage space as well as the data contained on another instance
- You want to install the system on a separate Ceph disk rather than a SSD disk
This guide will explain how to create an additional volume and then how to attach it to one of your instances.
Creating the volume
- Log in to the OVH Customer Control Panel
- Click the
Addbutton and select
Add a hard disk
A new menu will display.
From this new menu, you can:
- Name your volume
- Select the volume type:
|Classic||200 IOPS guaranteed|
|High performance||Up to 3000 IOPS|
- Choose the volume capacity starting from 10GB.
- Choose the region for your volume
To attach a volume to an instance, they must both be located in the same region.
- Make your hard disk bootable by checking "boot disk" if you want to start the system from this disk.
- Validate the creation of the volume. A new window will be displayed with your volume:
You can then attach your additional volume to an instance:
- By dragging and dropping your volume on your instance.
- By clicking on the arrow in the bottom-right of your volume and selecting
Attach to a server
Once this is done, it will appear just below your instance:
To continue, you will probably need to configure this
new volume on your instance