Object Storage is a storage solution that is managed primarily through the OpenStack API. However, you might not be familiar with managing storage space via command line.
There are graphical interface solutions that seamlessly make use the OpenStack APIs. Cyberduck is a Swift client.
Other interfaces can be found on the Internet and configuration is similar to the configuration explained in this guide.
This guide will explain how to configure Cyberduck to manage your Object Storage using a GUI based on Openstack APIs.
- A configured Horizon user : view guide
- The ID of your project and your user, viewable in the menu Access & Security in Horizon downloading OpenRC file.
Configuration of Cyberduck
- Download Cyberduck
- Connect to an account type "Swift - OpenStack Object Storage"
You need to provide some information in the form :
- Server : auth.cloud.ovh.net (Authentification Server)
- Tenant ID:Access Key : correspond to ID_of_Project : ID_Horizon_User
- Secret Key : Password of your Horizon_User
- More Options / Path : v2.0