Last updated 23rd June 2020
All OVHcloud SMS accounts can use one or more recipient lists. This guide will describe the method for creating a recipient list.
- an active OVHcloud SMS account
- a spreadsheet or text editor tool
Step 1: Create your recipient list.
Method via spreadsheet
You can create a recipient list via a spreadsheet, or use a list that already exists. This list must be in .csv format, and have the layout below in a spreadsheet:
If you open a .csv file with a notepad program, it should look similar to this:
The following points are vital for your recipient list to be processed properly on the OVHcloud Control Panel:
- All of your contacts must be on the same sheet in your spreadsheet file, in a number column.
- Special characters, like accents, must be deleted because they will not be accepted when you import the .csv file to the OVHcloud Control Panel.
- Phone numbers must be entered in international format (e.g. for a UK phone number: +44712345678).
- Save your spreadsheet file in .csv format (separator: semi-colon).
To ensure that the spreadsheet does not perform any automated calculations on your numbers, configure the format of your number cell in the Custom field, and manually enter the following: >0]+0;Standard.
Method via text editor
An alternative method involves simply creating a .txt file via a text editor or notepad program.
- Enter “number” into the first line.
- Enter your phone numbers in international format (+44712345678), with one number per line.
You should end up with the result below:
Step 2: Log in to the interface.
Log in to the OVHcloud Control Panel, then select
Telecom. Next, select
SMS in the left-hand menu.
Then click on the SMS account concerned.
Step 3: Import your recipient lists.
You can create up to 9 contact lists.
To do this, simply click
Name your recipient list file, and import your local file on to the OVHcloud Control Panel.
Join our community of users on https://community.ovh.com/en/.