Last updated May 20, 2020.
We list here the most frequently requested OVHcloud Managed Kubernetes features that are currently available or planned in the upcoming year.
- Persistent Volumes Use the integrated Cinder Volumes to host the persistent data of your stateful containerized workloads. Details in theworking with persistent volumes guide.
- Load Balancer Use the integrated External Load balancers to expose your services on any port of a dedicated public IPv4. Details available in the exposing your services guide.
- Pod autoscaling Use the standard horizontal pod autoscaler to distribute dynamically your containerized workloads on a given set of worker nodes.
- RBAC Use the standard RBAC authorization mode to distribute rights within your organization and/or assure compatibility with specific applications.
- New versions : We support upcoming versions, during the quarter following their official release. We also propose managed version upgrades.
- Localisation choice : We offer you the possibility to choose one of multiple OVH Public Cloud datacenters at cluster creation. We currently propose the service in France (GRA) and Canada (BHS). During 2020 we will add other OVH Public Cloud datacenters at cluster creation.
- vRack : Currently, all traffic between you nodes is encrypted but transit through OVH public network. We will offer private clusters in OVH private network (vRack) later in the year.
- Nodes autoscaling : Additionnaly to pod autoscaling, we will provide you the concept of node pools and nodes autoscaling, allowing your cluster to grow automatically between your user-defined limits.
- Bare metal worker nodes : We will integrate bare metal (physical machines) servers in the worker nodes choice.
and many more : feel free to open a feature request ticket though our support team.